Spring is here, and the next two months will be busy ones with important dates to add to your calendar, as well as the Recital Rehearsal Schedules and Ticket Purchase information below. As we go into final preparations for our annual recital, please remember that consistent attendance by all students is very important.
Please Add These Dates to Your Calendar:
- Recital T-Shirt order forms due: April 15th
- Parents Week: May 23-26, 2016
- Last day of classes: Monday, June 6, 2016
Studio Recital Information:
- Dress Rehearsals: June 9th and 10th, 2016 at Eastview High School.
- Recital Dates: Saturday, June 11 at 1 pm and 6 pm and Sunday, June 12 at 2 pm
- The annual Solo/duet/trio recital show will be held at Eastview High School on Sunday, June 12 at 11:00 am. Admission is $5 and is payable at the door.
2016 Studio Recital Ticket Sales
*A few things to keep in mind: All balances must be paid by May 12th! This includes tuition for May and June (June tuition is half the normal amount).
We encourage you to view your account through our website. You will see ALL invoicing and payments made to your account from the beginning of the season through now. You can also make a payment to your account this way as well. Anybody on auto pay will be charged the balance when due.
Some of you already do this but for those that don’t, the steps for logging into your account are below:
- Click here to Manage My Dancer’s Account » (will take you to our partner site)
- A window will pop up that asks for your email address and password. This will get you into your account for viewing.
- A pre-sale password and link will be e-mailed to all families that have paid and they will be able to go online purchase their tickets beginning May 4th at 9 am.
- If balances are not paid by May 12th, then those families will have to wait until they are paid in full in order to get a passcode to order.
- More info will be e-mailed soon!
No Saturday Jazz Technique Classes
There will be no jazz technique classes on April 23rd, April 30th, and May 21st due to dance competitions.
Advertise With The Dance Connection
The Dance Connection is producing a recital program book again this year. It will be a part color and black and white printed book. And while we hope to keep the cost of each program to $5 each, we need your help!
If you are interested in advertising or purchasing a” shout out” or message to publish in the program for your dancer to see, please fill out the form that can be found at the front desk and submit it along with payment to the Dance Connection by no later than April 15th.
FATHER/DAUGHTER/MOTHER DAUGHTER DANCE ROUTINE – RECITAL 2016
Our annual father/daughter/mother/daughter dance is kicking off once again! We are offering this to dancers who are 8 years old & up. All dancers and parents participating must attend four rehearsals (includes dress rehearsal), which will start in May to learn the routine. The dance will be broken up into 5 sections – Dads only, dads and daughters, moms only, moms and daughters and entire group. The theme this year is songs mixed together from the Mowtown era and the costume for this dance will be something you already own or can borrow. Each parent/daughter couple will have the choice to perform in one or all three recital performances. Anyone interested in participating must come to the first rehearsal to sign up.
Please note that this year there will be a small fee of $10/family to pay for choreography and assistant teacher expenses.
- Wednesday, May 4: Dads & daughters – 7:15-8:15 pm
- Wednesday, May 11: Moms & daughters – 7:45-8:45 pm
- Wednesday, May 25: Dads, Moms and daughters – 7:30-9:00 pm
- Sunday, June 5: Dads, Moms & daughters – 1:30-3:00 pm
- The date for the dress rehearsal at Eastview High School will be available later.
All dancers who are in the tap/jazz 1 levels, Intermediate Hip Hop levels and higher will be learning the recital finale dance during April and May. Dancers will wear the tie dye teal 2016 recital t-shirt or a plain white t-shirt, black shorts or leggings and any type of jazz of ballet shoes. Tan tights are also optional
Recital T-shirt order forms were included in your packet that were given out at parent’s week. We have order forms and sample sizes at the front desk.
COMPETITION LINE AUDITIONS AND SUMMER CLASSES:
Auditions for our award winning competition lines are combined with our dance camps again this summer. Therefore, students interested in competition must attend one of the camps for consideration on one of the team and/or specialty lines. Download the Summer Dance Brochure here or pick up a copy at the studio front desk. For students looking to continue their dance education through the summer can also download the brochure above or at the front desk.
2016-17 Dance Season Schedule
Look for the 2016/2017 class schedule during parent’s week in May. Class recommendations for the following year will be given out at this time. We hope that you will continue your dance education with us next year!
5-Year Attendance Awards
If your child has danced with us for five years, please put your name on the list at the front desk to receive your award at the end of the year. Please add your name to the list by no later than April 15 to ensure your awards will be ordered.
Our competition season kicks off this month! Our first competition will be at Triple S April 22-24 at Canon Falls High School. If you are considering trying out for competition team next year, come cheer us on and experience competition dance! Other competition dates are:
- Legacy Dance Championships, April 27-May 1 at Chanhassen High School
- Revolution Talent Competition, May 20-22 at the Ted Mann Concert Hall in Minneapolis (U of M Campus)