When you are looking to enroll your child or yourself into a dance studio, what should you look for? What is important to you to ensure that you and/or your child are taught in a professional manner, where the safety and physical well-being of the dancer is the top priority? While we cannot speak for other schools in our area, we can speak to the requirements of the Dance Connection through its’ policies…
At the Dance Connection, we evaluate each prospective student to ensure that they are enrolling in the class which suits their abilities and current dance level. At the end of each season, we test each class to ensure each continuing student has learned the years’ curriculum and is ready to continue in that discipline.
Other Policies We Employ
• We maintain a professional Ballet program. By doing so, we ensure that the student is technically prepared for the next level within the program structure.
• Upon reaching pointe level, we require that prospective student are tested for pointe class readiness and that the prospective female pointe student has had her first menses prior to being approved for the pointe program of study.
• Also we require that all pointe students take two ballet technique classes that are held immediately before the pointe class to insure proper muscle development and prevent injuries.
• The Dance Connection provides highly qualified and trained adult instructors and assistants.
• We provide a custom designed teaching syllabus for continual improvement and development of motor skills and dance technique, which also includes keeping creativity growing.
• The studio spaces at the Dance Connection employs professional-grade floating marley dance floors in all 3 dance rooms, which helps to reduce the risk of injuries and puts less stress on the joints.
• We provide a large waiting area with viewing windows for all 3 dance rooms and kid corner with movies, books and coloring activities for non-dancers and between classes for students.
• We maintain reasonable costume prices.
• The Dance Connection selects age appropriate costumes, music and choreography for its’ competition pieces and recitals.
• We provide dance clothing and shoes for sale at the studio for one stop shopping.
• The Dance Connection offers Fundraising opportunities (but is never required) for those who wish to raise money to help with studio costs.
• We provide a monthly newsletter and website to keep you informed on events with the studio.
Contact The Dance Connection Today
For information about how we set ourselves apart from other studios in the SouthEast Metro, call us at 651-423-2885 or contact us online.